Sunday, September 13, 2009

Photographers I Find Cool, In No Particular Order

1. Edweard Muybridge (for obvious reasons)

2. Li Wei-- reminds me of Magritte, sans bowler hats


3. Diane Arbus --I like the documentary style


4. Bob Langrish -- one of the best horse photographers



5. Jacques Cousteau (couldn't find pictures I'm sure 100% are by him and don't have my books with me, but here is one of him)



6. I cannot for the life of me remember who this person was (check back later in case I find out?) but s/he photographed people of different backgrounds with all their belongings outside their homes. Neat project. Peter Menzel, Material World




7. Takashi Amano -- designs and photographs amazing fishtank landscapes



8. Harry Callahan -- of the take-lots-of-pictures-every-day-but-only-print-a-few school.



9. William Eggleston -- not only the coolest name ever, but I also like his use of color



10. Dorothea Lange


Common theme: documentary-esque?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

300mm lens (1) 35mm (10) 667 (1) agfa (1) black and white (9) campus (6) canon powershot (3) cat (2) color (10) digital (9) dressage (2) driving (3) ee100 (1) film (12) gaited (2) home (2) horse show (3) horse shows (2) instant (1) journal (1) kodak (4) lake michigan (2) minolta (7) pearl (9) people (4) pinhole (1) polaroid (1) ponies (16) projects (2) rebel t1i (4) riding (4) self-timer (1) snow (2) sunset (4) wide angle lens (2)