I couldn't get out yesterday due to traffic, and the pastures were closed from the rain as well, but Ms. P at least did go out in the indoor for a couple hours yesterday. She hadn't gone out yet today though, and was a bit fresh, especially considering the lovely cool weather.
A little quick at the trot but not awful by any means.
I swear I'm not yanking on her mouth here, she just gets fussy and pulls faces, especially when she is fresh.

Canter was a bit more apparent that she was feelin' good, she certainly wasn't about to take off or anything like that but if I didn't remind her every step (particularly on the long sides) to take it easy she would build up pretty fast.


Walk break in between, little trot to make sure we still have our wits about us. If we go canter-walk break-canter she gets a little yahoo


Then a nice trot on the buckle. If we'd tried to do this this spring, we'd have ended up galloping.

All done

Untacked, etc, then put her in the indoor to hang out a bit. She needs her whiskers done! I will have to see if anyone there has a clippers I can borrow.

I am also working to clear up her thrush, I've been using thrushbuster every few days or so since she got here and it is about gone. I'm going to start spritzing her feet with apple cider vinegar every day and then the thrushbuster every few days until it clears up, but then keep going with the ACV after that. Thrushbuster's too darn expensive to use every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment