Went to spectate at barn owner's dressage show, and came back to the barn in the heat of the afternoon. Work was fairly light with lots of walk/water breaks. My lesson helped me to figure out how much I really could ask from her, and so we tried to work on keeping a bend and not letting her fuss with her head as homework. For whatever reason I'd forgotten my spurs, and I noticed she was a bit heavier on the leg and so I had to really work to keep her bulging her body out in the corners. We continued the exercise of starting on a smaller circle and pushing her out with the inside aids and keeping her steady with the outside. Although it felt like we'd be going fine on the circle, she would still want to twist her nose to the outside in the corners, and so we found ourselves going back to circles a lot. Canter was better to the left. We did a bunch of trot-canter transitions on the circle and while they did wind her up, they also got her to sit down more on her back end. Because she was so good and quiet, I let us pop a few jumps at the end. We trotted the X going home a couple times, trotted the pink angle going away, and then we trotted in-cantered out of the X to the angle as a bending line. The jumps felt great, I felt much more relaxed and secure in the tack. We ended on that note. Because it was fairly hot, it took her longer for her breathing to return back to normal and so I walked her out bareback, then gave her a shower and took her to graze.
No comments:
Post a Comment